DELIV4Brussels, Brussels, BelgiumFull timeEA/07/20
We currently have a vacancy for an Enterprise Architect with experience in IT interoperability technology, fluent in English, to offer his/her services as an expert who will be based in Brussels, Belgium. The work will be carried out either in the company’s premises or on site at customer premises. In the context of the first assignment, the successful candidate will be integrated in the Project Management team that will closely cooperate with a major client’s IT team on site.
- Participate in the daily operations on the IT systems focusing on service delivery ensuring maximum uptime for assigned platforms (this task represents 50%+ of the workload);
- Supervise contractors and other Commission services for release and change management related tasks/activities;
- Support the continuity of the IT operations by supervising the integration of IT systems and by ensuring their interoperability.
- Understand, apply and suggest improvements of methodology, security policies, tools, best practices, etc.
- Supervise the analysis of complex technical problems;
- Support projects by contributing to the design of the systems, their services and components, encouraging re-use and ensuring that the system design fulfils the requirements, in particular IT technical requirements (volume, scalability, confidentiality, integrity, availability, business continuity and disaster recovery planning);
- Produce and/or review documents;
- Follow-up document revision with an eye on systems and applications architecture;
- Participate and contribute in meetings with contractors and other stakeholders.
- Practical experience of at least 13 years as an Enterprise Architect, out of which 4 years in IT interoperability technology (e.g. message oriented middleware, web services, service oriented bus etc.) and service implementation paradigms (synchronous, asynchronous, request/response, etc.), distributed systems design and messaging layer;
- Experience as a Service Manager in any of the following area applied to IT: operations management, transition management;
- Strong capability for writing and presenting clear documents;
- Prior experience with interoperability platforms or their components (OpenLDAP, MQseries, Oracle Fusion, Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP);
- Practical experience with change, release, incident, problem, crisis management;
- Ability to review architectural documents, business cases, vision documents, terms of collaboration and minutes;
- Past experience with Perl for Unix/Linux administration, Java development, COBOL, C, or similar;
- Excellent command of the English language both spoken and written is mandatory;
- Experience in presenting technical subjects to external audiences is an asset;
- Experience in project coordination, preferably involving a recognised methodology, such as PMI, PM2 is an asset;
- Good hands-on knowledge of ITIL, CMMI, SLA, OLA, SMT is an asset;
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team is required;
- Experience in international/multicultural environment is an asset;
- Hands-on knowledge of distributed systems architecture and components is an asset;
- Hands-on experience with network security architecture is an asset;
- Experience in a public administration is an asset;
- Possession of a recognised certificate in ITIL/Service Management is an asset.
If you are seeking a career in an exciting and dynamic company, where you will offer your services as part of a team of a major European Institution, operating in an international, multilingual and multicultural environment where you can expect real chances to make a difference, please send us your detailed CV in English, quoting reference: (EA/07/20).
We offer a competitive remuneration (either on contract basis or remuneration with full benefits package), based on qualifications and experience. All applications will be treated as confidential.